TMSS Medical College & Rafatullah Community Hospital
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT: 1995
LOCATION: Rangpur Road, Thengamara, Bogura, Bangladesh.
INFRASTRUCTURE: 19 Storied, 7.2 Lac square feet Hospital Building with accommodation
capacity to 1000 Beds and approved 750 beds by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
BACKGROUND OF TMSS MEDICAL COLLEGE & RAFATULLAH COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
TMSS Medical College and Rafatullah Community Hospital (TMC & RCH) is a focal point of TMSS Health Sectors. Rafatullah Community Hospital (RCH) was established in the year 1995 at Thengamara village by Professor Dr. Hosne- Ara Begum the founding Executive Director of TMSS through the financial assistance of Terre des Homes- Netherlands. It has been launched with the dream and theme to deliver health care services to the poor and rural people of Northern Bangladesh at an affordable cost. In the first phase in 1995, a 10 bed hospital was put into service. In 2008, as per conditions of Medical College operational policy, this hospital has been emerged as 250-bedded with a new name “TMSS Medical College and Rafatullah Community Hospital (TMC & RCH)” to facilitate clinical education. The number of beds has been increased to 750. It is equipped with most modern instruments and facilities, offering round the clock services including emergencies, for indoor as well as outdoor patients. In its final and ultimate phase of completion, the hospital will have 1000 beds to provide all aspects of medical and surgical services in its own 19 storied building.
Presently this hospital provides General treatments to patients through OPD and IPD services, specialized health services, Mother and Child healthcare services, EPI & Family Planning Services, Major and Minor surgical operations, Radiology and Pathology services. Specialized and Graduate Doctors provide good quality healthcare services round the clock at low cost/cost subsidy/free of cost especially for poor and extreme poor patients. Beside these, the hospital provides instant medical treatments to the casualty (accidental, injured) patients through its emergency management unit.
The hospital also provides practical learning facilities to the students those who are studying at various medical educational institutes under TMSS Health Sector.
NUMBER OF OPERATION THEATER: 16 (Surgery, Gynae, Orthopedics, Eye, ENT, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Obs & Emergency, Cardiac, Neurosurgery, Urology, Plastic Surgery, OMS, Minimal Invasive surgery.
Department of TMC & RCH
Name Of Department
Name of Department
Gynaecology & Obstetrics
Radiology & Imaging
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- OPD SERVICES Every working day OPD starts at 8:00AM up to 2:30PM.
- IPD SERVICES IPD Services of TMC and RCH provides tertiary level specialized services: General Medicine, Respiratory Medicine, Medical Oncology, Neonatology, NICU, ICU CCU, HDU, dialysis, pediatric surgery, endoscopic surgeries, advanced ocular surgeries etc.
- PATHOLOGY SERVICES Hematology, Biochemistry, Serology, Immunology, Microbiology, Clinical Pathology, Mycology, Hormone Assay, FNAC, Histopathology.
- RADIOLOGY AND IMAGING SER VICES CT- Scan, Digital X-Ray, Ultra Sonogram (USG), Echocardiography, Electrocardiography service, Dental OPG.
- SPECIALIZED TREATMENTS Reconstruction Surgery (Cleft lip & palate), Tuberculosis Indoor & DOT, Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, Vaccination (Cervarix, Engerix-B, Engerix-B Profiled), Uterine cervical screening for Ca cervix and breast examination for Ca Breast through VIA test and SBE plus CBE, Palliative & Surgery in Oncology, Pacemaker Implantation, Laparoscopy & Phaco Surgery.
- EPI & FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES.
- 24 HOURS EMERGENCY SERVICES.
- Indoor & Outdoor Hospital Pharmacy.
- 24 hours Ambulance Service & Other Transport Facility.
- Diet Supply Unit (Hospital Canteen).
- Mobile Hospital Service.
- Health Education to women.
- Immunization of 0-1 yr. age group infants.
- Immunization of 15-49 yr. age group women (5 dose schedule).
- Immunization of pregnant mothers for prevention of neonatal tetanus.
- Growth monitoring of 0-3 year aged children.
- Deworming of children (2-5 years).
- Prevention of night blindness (1-5 year children).
- Ante-natal care.
- Post-natal care.
- Family planning Counseling & Services to eligible couples.
- Prevention of STD/AIDS.
- TMC&RCH is situated in a tranquil
- environment with good communication system and road connections.
- Uninterrupted electricity supply is ensured by its own high powered electricity
- generation system along with a back-up support system.
- A team of skilled medical professionals and a large number of experienced support service staff of various disciplines are engaged in serving the patients.
- Adequate number of beds in separate male, female and children wards and cabin facilities exists to serve different kinds of patients.
- Equipped with modern medical, surgical and diagnostic equipment.
- Freedom of choosing male of female doctors/surgeons/specialized doctors of any discipline by patients in case of delivery, any operation and any kind of medical treatment.
- Round the clock medical treatments, diagnostic services, pharmacy services, ambulance services, blood transfusion facilities, canteen and dietary services, lift services, CCU, OT, Emergency services are available here.
- No. of 4 buses (42 seat) are involved in carrying patients from remote rural areas to this hospital and also take them back to the home free of cost. Three air-conditioned and well equipped ambulances, nine vehicles for doctors transporting.