Facilities at RCH
RCH ensure male/female surgeon in case of delivery or any operation by the choice of the patient. The admitted Patients can get treatment of specialized doctors of any discipline. However curative and preventive healthcare services are provided through RCH, which are as follows.
- General treatment of women;
- General treatment of Children;
- Ante-natal check-up;
- Post-natal check-up;
- Normal delivery;
- Forceps delivery;
- Caesarian delivery;
- Surgical operation (General Surgery, Ortho Surgery, Eye, ENT, Urology);
- Treatment of Orthopedics Patient; Treatment of STD;
- ECG services to patients;
- Eye and ENT services;
- Treatment of psychiatric patients;
- Medical camp;
- Referral service;
- Preventive healthcare:
- Health Education to women;
- Immunization of 0-1 yr. age group infants;
- Immunization of 15-49 yr. age group women (5 dose schedule);
- Immunization of pregnant mothers for prevention of neonatal tetanus;
- Growth monitoring of 0-3 year aged children;
- De-worming of children (2-5 years);
- Prevention of night blindness (1-5 year children);
- Ante-natal care;
- Post-natal care;
- Family planning Counseling & Services to eligible couples
- Prevention of STD/AIDS;
Service Delivery of RCH:
The patients are provided quality and modern treatment by expert and specialized MBBS, FCPS doctors at a low cost through various units of Rafatullah Community Hospital (RCH) round the clock.
Treatments for all common and complicated diseases are offered by specialist doctors in round the clock. The nurses, attendants and the logistic support staffs help the patients for getting proper treatments. All the indoor services are offered through several departments/wards which are as follows:
- Medicine Ward;
- Surgery Ward;
- Gynae & Obs. Ward;
- Pediatric Ward;
- Orthopedics Ward;
- Isolation Ward;
- Diabatology Ward;
- Urology Ward;
All the common patients get an opportunity of taking treatment as well as prescription from the doctors regularly. The patients are advised by the duty doctors to get admission into the hospital if necessary. All the nurses, attendants and the logistic support staffs who are engaged for working in out-door service help the patients cordially for getting proper treatment.
Out-door services are as follows.
- Treatment of the common patients.
- Care of mothers and children’s health service.
- Specialized treatment service (Medicine, Cardiology, surgery, Gynae & Obs. Baby and newly born infant, Eye, Skin and VD, mental disease drug addiction, Orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Diabetics patients etc.
- Treatment of dental diseases.
- Family Planning.
- Facilities for emergency treatment. Round the clock services to manage any types of emergency patients include RTA.
- Pathology Microbiology and Serology.
- Radiology (X-Ray).
- Electro Cardiology (ECG).
- Ultra Sonogram (USG).
Blood Transfusions Unit:
Safe Blood Transfusion facilities are available round the clock for he patients as per requirement. Expert consultant and Medical Technologist (Lab) are performing their duties sincerely. Medical Technologist (Lab) and consultants are rendering variable services round the clock.
- We can provide safe blood to the Patient and also to the community through Blood Bank.
- People can get Safe Blood in emergency period form the Safe Blood Transfusion Unit to safe lives of people.
- Collection of blood from Voluntary Blood Donor.
- Screening of the Blood to prevent transmission of HIV, HBV, HCV, MP and syphilis.
- Separation of Blood Component.
- Storage of Blood for emergency Supply.
- Out door campaigning and motivation for voluntary donation.
The patient who is very serious firstly they attend the emergency unit for treatment. The Emergency Medical Officer (EMO) provides treatment and management.
The patients of communicable diseases are getting proper treatment at isolation ward in this hospital. Those patients are under the strict and special observation of doctor and nurse at isolation unit and provide the proper & quality treatment.
Diabetolology and Endocrinology;
Skin & VD;
FP & EPI Unit:
The Family planning (FP) services and immunization of children & women are given by this unit. Trained staff nurses, FWV and an expert coordinator work here. Thus, Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) activities is run under this unit. Moreover, following services are provided among the patients.
Counseling to couples;
Distribution of contraceptive materials (pills & Condom);
Counseling of couples for permanent sterilization;
Growth monitoring of 0-3 year aged children;
Family planning Counseling
(1) Routine antenatal check-up of pregnant mother
(a) Clinical Examination:
- Blood Pressure
- Ankle Oedema
- Position of the foetus
- Foetal movement
- Foetal heart sound
- Haemoglobin estimation
- Routine Urine examination
- Blood Grouping Rh factor
- VDRL test
- Fasting blood sugar
- HBs Ag.
(c) Screening of high risk pregnancies
(d) Breast Feeding counselling
(e) Family planning counselling
(i) Postnatal check-up
(a) Within 6 hours
(b) Within 6 days
(c) Within 6 weeks
(ii) Measurement of Rate of involution of uterus
(iii) Screening of postnatal complications
(iv) Family planning counseling
(v) Breastfeeding counseling
(vi) Health Education
(viii) High blood pressure
(ix) Heart or kidney disease
- Normal virginal delivery
- Forceps delivery
- Caesarian section operation
- Immunization of children below 1 year of age against eight diseases (Tuberculosis, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, HIB (Haemophylus influenza B), Measles, Poliomyelitis, pertussion (whopping cough);
- Immunization of women of child bearing age (15-49) against tetanus to prevent neonatal tetanus ( following 5 dose schedule);
RCH is ruining with 5 Operation Theaters. They are emergency, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, Gynae & Obs and Eye & ENT. The surgeons provide operational treatment and management of patients with minimum/nominal cost in comparison with other clinics and hospital.
- General Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Dental Surgery
- Gynae and Obstetric
Pathological, microbiological, serological, biochemical tests & histopathology are done here. X (General & Dental), Electrocardiography (ECG), Echocardiography, Ultrasonography (4D colour Doppler) investigations are available at RCH.
- Clinical Pathology Microbiology and Serology, Immunology.
- Radiology and Imaging
- Electrocardiogram (ECG).
RCH runs a unique Orthopedics Unit. It is facilitated by an Orthopedics specialist. Patients of fracture of bones and dislocations of joints from injuries and road traffic accidents are treated and managed by this unit. The aims of orthopedics treatment are to cure patients, help reduce disabilities and make them capable to work smoothly. Thus, in RCH a disable can get proper treatment through the Orthopedics unit and can be rehabilitated in society. It is important to mention that disable unit will be set up very soon in RCH.
The dental unit is run by a dental surgeon and a technologist. The common and the complicated dental patients are getting proper treatment through Dental Unit.
A well equipped Physiotherapy Unit is working at RCH. It is facilitated by a B Sc Physiotherapist. The disable patients can get proper treatment through the Physiotherapy unit and rehabilitated in the society. The aim of Physiotherapy treatment is to help reduce the patient’s disabilities and convert them as capable persons to work smoothly. Physiotherapy can cure the patient form normal pain, pain in joint, sensations problem, pain from the strike of games and sports, pain in tissue, pain in neck and back bone, paralyses etc. Physiotherapy treatment is called “supplementary to medicine” and it has no side effects. Physiotherapy remedy is named as the non medicinal treatment.
The patients get pharmacy service and can purchase all the needed drugs from RCH pharmacy round the clock with at a cost lower than market.
Diet Supply Unit:
Diets of patients admitted in RCH hospital are available from RCH canteen. RCH canteen supplies diet to the admitted patients in a very subsidized price.
There are 17 wards and total capacity of in patients is 500 which are being going to upgraded from 500 beds to 1000 beds. All the wards of RCH are very net and clean. Each ward has dedicated Doctors’ and Nurses’ Service facility. Beds are separated by individual curtain system. In each bed there is central supply of medical gas system covering oxygen, air and vacuum.
RCH has modern and sophisticated Cabins with necessary facilities. There are 05 types of cabins such as (i) VIP Cabin with A/C, (ii) VIP Cabin with non-A/C, (iii) Single Cabin with A/C, (iv) Double Cabin with A/C and (v) General Cabin single and Double. Total number of Cabin is 16 having 21 seats. Each cabin has central medical gas supply system and nurse call system. From the cabin itself the patients can call the nurse from the bed with just press of a button of the telephone set. The patients can talk to the nurses/doctors from the bed directly.
Different Investigations of Pathology & ECG
● Blood for TC.DC.HB% ESR ●Platelate Count ●SGOT Test ●SGPT Test ●Random Blood Sugar (RBS) ● Fasting Blood Sugar ( FBS) ● Post Prandial Blood Sugar (PPBS)/2 Hrs. ABF ● Semen Analysis ● GTT ● Circulating ● eosinophil Count ● Reticulocyte count ● Bleeding Time (BT), Clotting Time (CT) ● HBs Ag Test ● HCV ● HIV ● MP ● VDRL Test ● R.A. Test ● A.S.O titer ● Blood Grouping ●Cross matching ● TPHA ● Widal Test ● Serum Cholesterol ● Serum Electrolytes ● Thyroid Function Test (TSH,T3,T4) ELISA Method ● Gly cosylated Hemoglobin HBA1C ● Serum Bilirubin- Total Investigation (Pathology & E.C.G) ● MT Test ●RBC Count ● C. Reactive protein ● Serum Urea ● Serum Creatinine ●Serum Alkaline Phosphates ● Serum Uric acid ● Stool R/M/E ● Peripheral Blood Film (PBF) ● Urine R/E ● Lipid Profile ● Direct Coomb’s Test ● Indirect Coomb’s Test ● PSA Test ELISA Method ● Fungus Test ● OBT ● Febrile Antigen ●FNAC ● Pap’s smear ● Gram’s Stain ● AFB Stain ● Pregnancy Test ● Culture & Sensitivity (Urine, Stool, Pus, Blood)
● Fungus Test ●OBT ● Febrile Antigen ● Electro Cardio Graphay (E.C.G) ● PLUERAL/Ascitic fluid study ● FNAC ● Pap’s smear ● Gram’s Stain ● AFB Stain ● Pregnancy Test ● HCG Concentration in urine (Higher dilution) free ß HCG (ELISA Method) ● Culture & Sensitivity (Urine, Stool, Pus, Blood).