Foreign Student Desk (FSD) of TMSS Medical College is committed to help foreign students who seek admission and provide guidance and support to admitted students. Activities of FSD are summarized below.
ü Regarding admission in TMSS Medical College:
- Foreign Student Desk works for total admission procedure in MBBS & BDS Course in native country and abroad
- FSD provides 24 hour services to all sorts of queries from student or guardian side regarding MBBS & BDS admission in TMSS Medical College and uses web facilities such as email, telephone & instant chat for communication & other related task.
- FSD help foreign student for getting equivalence certificate & other student visa related issue during their procedure of admission.
- TMSS has its own office near to almost every land port like Burimari, Hili, Benapole land port and head office in Dhaka. Foreign desk coordinates and maintained communication with these office regarding arrival & departure of foreign student which include activities like immigration services, transportation & other related support. Regarding this issue the location and distance of TMSS Medical College (TMC) from different entry point of Bangladesh are given below:
- From Dhaka Airport : 187 km (4 hr 30 minute by road through national highway)
- From Saidpur Airport : 126 km (2 hr 30 minute by road through national highway)
- From Chengrabanda/Burimari Land Port: 200 km (4 hr 15 minute by road through national highway)
- From Hili Land Port : 78 km (1 hr 30 minute by road through national highway)
- From Benapole Land Port : 299 km (6 hr by road through national highway)
ü Regarding academic and other support:
- FSD along with college administration give highest previllage to newly admitted student regarding academic support so that they can easily understand the teaching in their class.
- FSD ensures foreign student to comply the rules and laws in Bangladesh such as periodic police verification after thier arrival and student visa extension.
- Overall management and continuous supervision for maintaining standard of living and fooding facilities in their hostel.
- Monitor academic activity of student and send progress report to guardian at regular interval.
- FSD regularly arrange a meeting with student concerning study related issues as well as personal circumstances.